We are currently seeking creative individuals with an interest in fair trade to intern with our team on merchandising, communications, and digital marketing projects! This is a great opportunity to develop a better understanding of fair trade business practices and get hands-on experience in all the different components of an online/retail/wholesale business. Internship positions are approximately 3 months in duration. Hours are flexible and range from 10-20 hrs per week, and we can work around a class or work schedules. This is an unpaid position located in our Northbrook or Chicago offices. Interns are also welcome to work from home and meet with us virtually at least once a week. Interns are required to have their own computer. While this is an unpaid internship the opportunity to work at off-site retail sales events may come up, in which case the pay is $15/hr.
Digital Marketing Intern:
- Develop and implement a Marketing Plan for driving retail sales conversions of flying mobiles on Pinterest. Once that's in-place, create different plans for woven baskets and jewelry also for Pinterest.
- Schedule and create content for Pinterest using social media management platforms Later and/or Tailwind.
- Pursuing undergraduate studies in marketing, web development, IT, or related field.
- Knowledge of Pinterest is preferred.
- Must be a self-starter, detail oriented, have excellent organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize and multitask.
- Strong verbal communication and writing skills.
- Entrepreneurial mindset.
- Strong interest in fair trade, social justice, or e-commerce.
- Chicago or Northbrook area preferred, but not required.
To Apply: email Karen Torres at firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and tell us why you think you are a good fit. Please indicate what dates you are available for the internship. You are welcome to include relevant graphic design or writing samples.