Join Our Team
Fall/Winter 2018 Term
Product Development + Marketing Intern
We are currently seeking creative individuals with an interest in fair trade to intern with our team on product development + marketing projects! This is a great opportunity to develop a better understanding of fair trade business practices and get hands-on experience in all the different components of an online/retail/wholesale business. Internship positions are approximately 3 months in duration. Hours are flexible and range from 10-20 hrs per week, and we can work around a class or work schedules. This is an unpaid position located in our Northbrook or Chicago offices. Interns are also welcome to work from home and meet with us virtually at least once a week. Interns are required to have their own laptops with Microsoft Office software (photoshop or adobe illustrator is a plus). While this is an unpaid internship the opportunity to work at off-site retail sales events may come up, in which case the pay is $15/hr.
- Develop and implement marketing content and branding strategies
- Design and direct photo-shoots
- Design copy and layout of marketing materials such as tags, story cards, catalogs, etc.
- Assist with digital strategy, including analytics reporting and social media
- Schedule and create content for email marketing, pinterest, and instagram.
- Assist with sales outreach to wholesale customer leads
- Assist with website management: adding product descriptions, events, SEO.
- Assist with shipping and receiving product/orders (Northbrook Location only)
- Strong verbal communication and writing skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Customer Service experience preferred
- Graphic design skills are a plus
- Chicago or Northbrook area preferred, but not required
- Access to a vehicle preferred, but not required
To Apply: email Karen Torres at email@example.com with your resume and tell us why you think you are a good fit. Please indicate what dates you are available for the internship. You are welcome to include relevant graphic design or writing samples.
Do you have a desire to help a locally-owned fair trade business? There are several ways you can help, no matter where you live.
Northbrook location: We are in need of volunteers with the ability to drive to our Northbrook location to help with fulfilling wholesale and retail orders, especially during peak seasons.
USA: Got skills in customer service, graphic design, photography, e-commerce, or social media? We welcome any help in chasing down wholesale leads via phone or email, editing product photos, adding content to the website, adding products to Etsy, and posting on Pinterest or Instagram.
To express interest in any volunteer opportunities, please contact Karen Torres at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your motivations in helping, your skill set and abilities, dates and time you're available, and why you think you'd make a good fit.